Get Your Restaurant/Brewery Involved in Dining Out For Life®!
Dining Out For Life® is a day for our community to come together and support Coloradans fighting HIV/AIDS! In a single day, 250 restaurants and breweries in the Denver-Boulder area will donate 25 percent of sales to Project Angel Heart, an organization that provides nutritious, life-sustaining meals to those fighting a variety of life-threatening illnesses, including HIV/AIDS. This fun event combines the efforts of local restaurants, breweries, enthusiastic diners, and volunteers to benefit people living with critical illnesses.
Dining Out For Life® is an international, licensed event, conducted in 60 cities in the U.S. and Canada. We are proud to host the largest event in North America, with 50 percent more restaurants and 58 percent more dollars raised than any other market. With high name recognition, a loyal following, and the support of generous media sponsors, Dining Out For Life® generates millions of marketing impressions every year. The event is also promoted using 250,000+ pieces of print collateral.
How it Works
- Project Angel Heart will partner with 250 restaurants/breweries in the Denver/Boulder area for a single-day of dining out to make a difference. Participating restaurants and breweries will donate 25 percent of sales during breakfast, lunch, and dinner to Project Angel Heart.
- Participating restaurants/breweries will be promoted in a month-long marketing campaign including print advertising, radio, e-mail blasts, social media and grassroots initiatives.
- Each restaurant and brewery has the opportunity to have a volunteer ambassador (subject to availability) on-site to greet and thank guests, promote restaurant/brewery’s charitable participation, answer questions, and offer the opportunity for guests to make a personal contribution and/or enter a prize drawing (eligibility is not dependent on guest making a gift).
What You Can Expect
- You'll be featured in a marketing campaign targeting past participants, philanthropic foodies, and affluent and socially-conscious community leaders and influencers.
- A busy day! With a 23-year history in the Denver/Boulder area, Dining Out For Life® is a well-known event with a high rate of participation. Most restaurants/breweries report increased sales and exposure to new customers as a result of the event.
- Your restaurant/brewery will be heavily promoted in the weeks leading up to the event and online resources will make it easy for guests to dine and drink at your restaurant/brewery.
- A courteous, well-trained volunteer ambassador (subject to availability) who will help to drive business to your restaurant/brewery, greet and thank guests, and answer questions about Dining Out For Life® and Project Angel Heart.
What Is Expected Of You
- We'll ask you to help promote the event at your restaurant/brewery by using Dining Out For Life® marketing materials—available free of charge!—in your establishment during the month of April. Available materials include posters, table tents, dining guides (bill inserts), and cocktail napkins. We'll also provide language you can use on your website and in social media.
- Inform wait staff, managers, and other restaurant/brewery personnel about Dining Out For Life® so they can promote the event to diners and answer basic event questions.
- On the day of the event, we ask that you allow a Dining Out For Life® ambassador (subject to availability) to greet and thank guests, answer questions, and offer the opportunity for guests to make a personal contribution and/or enter a prize drawing. All patrons are eligible to win the prize, whether or not they make a personal contribution.
- You'll agree to donate a minimum of 25 percent of sales to Project Angel Heart.
- It’s easy. We’ll provide you with the tools to be successful,as well as help fill your restaurant/brewery on April 27.
- It’s good for business. Consumers are increasingly interested in businesses that support charitable causes. In a recent survey conducted by American Express, more than four out of 10 consumers (42%) say it’s important to them that the businesses they support with their dollars support causes, charities, and community groups. And 92% indicated that a business's charitable involvement matters to them at least a little bit.
- The event raises your profile and extends your reach. Your restaurant/brewery will be listed in materials distributed throughout the metro area in advance of the event, included on the Dining Out For Life® International website with a direct link to your restaurant/brewery’s website, in social media posts and more!
- The press loves it. This event has been featured by 9NEWS, Kool105, Mix100, 92.5 The Wolf, 5280 Magazine, the Denver Post and other media.
- It’s a great way to support an organization that is dedicated to the idea that great food can build a stronger community. Project Angel Heart’s professional chefs and volunteers prepare and deliver delicious, specially-modified meals free of charge to community members fighting life-threatening illnesses like cancer, HIV/AIDS, and kidney/heart/lung disease.
- It’s fun. Dining Out For Life® creates an exciting atmosphere in your restaurant/brewery as guests gather to support a familiar cause and enjoy a great meal. Your guests will remember your participation and come back throughout the year.