A Meal With Heart Gives Hope
All proceeds from Dining Out For Life® in the Denver/Boulder area directly support Project Angel Heart, a nonprofit organization that prepares and delivers medically tailored meals for people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney disease, and other serious illnesses. Funds raised through this event specifically benefit the portion of our clients living with HIV/AIDS.
Meals Make a Difference
Access to a nutritious meal shouldn't be a worry for people with a life-threatening illness. But many people who are ill find themselves with little to eat. Some are unable to cook for themselves. Others find they must choose between food and medicine to make ends meet.
That's why we prepare and deliver delicious, medically tailored meals—free of charge—to Coloradans with life-threatening illnesses. Project Angel Heart meals are designed to improve their quality of life and the effectiveness of medical treatments.
What Makes Project Angel Heart Unique?
- Each week, we prepare and deliver meals to more than 1,400 individuals in the Denver metro area and Colorado Springs. We'll deliver meals to 3,500+ clients this year
- The people that receive our meals are living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney/heart/lung disease, or another serious illnesses, or are dependents of someone who is ill.
- Meals are made in-house using high-quality ingredients. The menus are reviewed by a registered dietitian to ensure that they complement clients' medical treatment plans, and meals are modified to accommodate for medical needs, allergies, religious preferences, and texture needs.
- With more than 8,000 volunteers per year and approximately 26 percent of our food donated, we are proudly efficient.
- Volunteers drive 82,000+ miles/year, using their own vehicles, to deliver meals to clients.
Food is powerful medicine for people who are coping with serious illnesses, and we need your help to make sure that our medically tailored meals get to those most in need. Here are a few ways that you can make a difference:
- Volunteer Your Time: View our volunteer opportunities and make a difference for the people we serve. Volunteer now »
- Stay in Touch: Sign up for our emails to get healthy recipes from our kitchen, useful info on food and nutrition, and Project Angel Heart news. Sign up »
- Help Provide Medically Tailored Meals Year-Round: Make monthly gifts and become a member of our Bread & Butter Club. Give monthly »