A meal with heart gives hope...
Access to a nutritious meal shouldn't be a worry for people with cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney or heart disease, or other serious illnesses. But many who are ill find themselves with little to eat. Some are unable to cook. Others find they must choose between food and medicine to make ends meet.
That's why, with help from thousands of community members, Project Angel Heart prepares and delivers delicious, medically tailored meals--free of charge--to Coloradans coping with life-threatening illness. Our meals are designed to improve their quality of life and the effectiveness of their medical treatments.
- 97% of clients are able to remain independent in their homes
- 89% of clients are better able to afford healthcare
- 97% of clients have more energy
Other key facts...
- In 2016, we'll deliver 320,000+ chef-prepared meals, free of charge, to more than 2,850 people in Colorado
- 63% of clients live in poverty
- We serve people of all ages: 8% of meals are delivered to youth, 50% to adults, and 42% to seniors
- 80% of our meals are delivered in the Denver metro area; 20% are delivered in Colorado Springs